Okay, so wieners and beans is not a glamorous dish.
It's mostly suited to camping or sitting around a roaring fire.
Maybe even a quick lunch at home. (My dad used to make this for me sometimes.)
But this wieners and beans recipe made with canned brown beans in tomato sauce is:
- full of protein – beans and tuna are the most popular canned proteins
- filling – protein helps you feel fuller longer
- easy to make – my 12 year old actually made the wieners and beans for this post (she kinda rocks!)
Yields 4-6 servings
Wieners and beans - quick, easy and comfort food that you can make either savory or sweet with the addition of simple condiments.
3 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
13 minTotal Time
- 2 398 mL cans of brown beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 4 wieners/hot dogs
- 2 cups water
- Place beans in medium stock pot. Add mustard and garlic powder (optional). Heat through.
- Meanwhile, place wieners/hot dogs in pot of water. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Let wieners cool and then slice into bite-sized pieces. Add to beans.
- Serve warm either alone or with bread or rice.
Do you like wieners and beans? Do you have any favorite quick and easy foods recipes?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!