Mmm. Fried Rice. Somehow this vegan vegetable fried rice has become a staple comfort food around here lately.
The kids love it, which is such a huge bonus. Even as teenagers they're still pretty picky sometimes.
Yields 2-4 servings
Vegan vegetable fried rice. All the flavor of fried rice with no meat and no eggs. Perfect for a light dinner or reheated for lunch. Kids LOVE it!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups instant rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup Bragg's liquid amino (like soy sauce)
- In a large no stick pan, heat the canola and sesame oils over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and garlic. Stir fry for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and transparent and the carrots are becoming softer.
- Add the peas and stir. Cook for 2 minutes or so, or until they're thawed and warmed through.
- Add the rice to the veggies in the pan and stir to mix well.
- Stir in the soy sauce and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until heated through.
The dish is not only filling, but it includes a serving of vegetables in each bowl too.
By avoiding eggs and chicken, it's also cheaper and allergy-friendly.
Have you tried making fried rice at home?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!