Mmm. Fried Rice. Somehow this vegan vegetable fried rice has become a staple comfort food around here lately.
The kids love it, which is such a huge bonus. Even as teenagers they're still pretty picky sometimes.
Yields 2-4 servings
Vegan vegetable fried rice. All the flavor of fried rice with no meat and no eggs. Perfect for a light dinner or reheated for lunch. Kids LOVE it!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups instant rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup Bragg's liquid amino (like soy sauce)
- In a large no stick pan, heat the canola and sesame oils over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and garlic. Stir fry for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and transparent and the carrots are becoming softer.
- Add the peas and stir. Cook for 2 minutes or so, or until they're thawed and warmed through.
- Stir in the soy sauce and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until heated through.
The dish is not only filling, but it includes a serving of vegetables in each bowl too.
By avoiding eggs and chicken, it's also cheaper and allergy-friendly.
Have you tried making fried rice at home?