What could be better than hot chocolate on a cold winter's day? How about the combination of mint and chocolate in this Thin Mint Hot Chocolate recipe!
If you're a bit sensitive to dairy, like my kids are, you could always substitute almond, soy, rice or coconut milk for cow's milk in this recipe too! Then the only dairy is in the Thin Mints!
Thin Mint Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 10 Thin Mints
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. sugar more or less to your liking
- whipped cream optional
- sprinkles optional
- candy cane optional
- Warm the milk on medium heat in a pot.
- Add the thin mints.
- Use a whisk to stir to help them melt.
- Add sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined. (You don’t need a lot of sugar, as the candy is sweet!)
- Serve in a mug and garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows, and a thin mint. For extra peppermint, add a candy cane!
Do share in the comments what you think of this hot chocolate recipe if you try it!
P.S. If you like this recipe, why not try some of our other drink recipes too?
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!