Just over a year ago I shared our entryway in our fall home tour.
It wasn't finished.
Sure there was new tile, some new paint and new door hardware. But the doors and wood paneling were just primed.
Primer doesn't take wear and tear real well. Which makes for a lot of scuffs, scratches and knot stains.
And our kids recently got a paper route. Which means lots of black smudgy fingerprints. :/
It was high time to finish this space so it could really stand up to the daily wear and tear of our family.
And so I could make it look pretty for the Holidays!
Which is tough when this little guy wants to explore everything.
I'm so happy to have our entryway all finished – finally!
Here's what I did:
- Painted the closet doors and the vertical planked wall with Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain
- Painted the trim to match the rest of the house since it carries right on from the entry through the main floor
- Applied Fusion Mineral Paint Tough Coat (non yellowing top coat to provide extra durability against general wear and tear, water damage and kids!) to all the trim in the entryway
- I was going to paint the bench too, but decided to keep it white for now – I may change my mind later
A couple of tips should you tackle a similar project:
- Fusion brushes are GREAT – for painting furniture or large expanses of wall. I couldn't get the hang of them for cutting in at the edges. But they hold a lot of paint and cover really well.
- The Tough Coat is INCREDIBLE and not shiny which is what I wanted. Make sure your trim/wall is free of dust and debris. If you're a lazy painter like me normally a wee bit of dust doesn't matter when painting. But Tough Coat is CLEAR which means ANY little flecks of dust will show up. (Ask me how I learned this one!)
How's your front entry looking for the Holidays? Could it use a little clean up? Have you tried Fusion Mineral Paint yet? (You know I'm just gonna keep asking until you do!)
THIS POST WAS GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY FUSION MINERAL PAINT.
ALL THOUGHTS, OPINIONS AND CREATIVE PROJECTS ARE OF COURSE MY OWN.
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!