I haven't bought packaged taco seasoning for years.
Like years and years.
I mean, have you ever read the ingredients on those packages?
For a long time I used to just mix spices into taco meat as I made it.
But then I realized that by mixing up my taco seasoning from scratch ahead of time in larger batches I could save time with meal prep.
Just like having a package in the cupboard.
Only I can pronounce each of the ingredients in mine!
These peanut butter cookies are just like the ones my grandma used to make! Except these days I used white rice flour to make them gluten free. 🙂 They still taste the same!
1 hr, 20 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 1/4 cups flour (all purpose or white rice)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (room temp.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Have baking sheets ready. Do NOT grease. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream both butters until light.
- Add both sugars and cream thoroughly.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in Vanilla.
- Add flour to butter and sugar mixture in 2 or 3 portions, mixing well after each.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or so in the fridge.
- Measure level tablespoon of dough and shape into balls. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet.
[img src="http://akadesign.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/balls.jpg" alt="" width="700" height="577" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-20785"]
- Press each twice with a fork dipped in cold water to make #.
[img src="http://akadesign.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/peanut-butter-cookie-dough-hashtag.jpg" alt="" width="700" height="467" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-20786"]
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until delicately brown.
[img src="http://akadesign.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/peanut-butter-cookies-fresh-from-the-oven.jpg" alt="" width="700" height="467" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-20787"]
- Remove immediately from baking sheet to cooling racks.
Do you buy packaged taco seasoning? Have you read the ingredients lately?
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!