Did you see the newest Muppet movie – Muppets Most Wanted?
I love the Muppets. Seriously. I have always loved the Muppets!
The original Muppet movie was the very first movie I ever went to see in the theater. And ever since I've loved them because they make me laugh!
Fun for the whole family and packed with dozens of guest cameos and new songs, Muppets: Most Wanted is the most hilarious, most wanted movie ever!
I don't want to spoil it for you but here's a bit about the movie to get you excited:
Two Frogs! One Pig! Intrigue! Music! Mayhem! Muppets!
There’s plenty of fun for the whole family as Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Animal and the entire Muppets gang head out on a world tour. But mayhem follows the Muppets, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper. Now Kermit is behind bars at the mercy of prison warden Nadya (Tina Fey), and the World’s Number One Criminal, Constantine—a dead ringer for Kermit—has taken his place.
In honor of Muppets Most Wanted, I created a new dish that the family LOVES – Swedish Chef Meatballs!
Picture me using all sort of weird tools in the kitchen to make them, singing some indistinguishable song that goes something like this:
“Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!”
And then throwing something.
Okay, maybe I didn't throw anything. 🙂
My version of the illustrious Chef's meatballs are made with gravy and we paired them with french fries and a little strawberry jam (I didn't have any Swedish Lingonberry jam on hand!). Yummy!
Named in honor of the ever hilarious Swedish Chef on The Muppets these meatballs are sure to please kids and adults alike!
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pkg ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken or pork)
- nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper (dash/to taste)
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1-3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup broth (same as ground meat used)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Using food processor with blade, make crumbs of bread.
- Beat egg is stand mixer. Add milk, bread crumbs and spices to mixer bowl.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and saute onions about two minutes until soft.
- Add cooked onions and ground meat to mixer bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in pan and heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out meat mixture and form into balls.
- Place in hot oil and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Place in oven proof baking dish and cook in hot oven about 20-30 minutes (until cooked through).
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter or margarine in small pot over medium heat.
- When melted add flour in small amounts until both combine to form a paste (roux).
- Then stir in stock/broth and milk a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a low rolling boil and reduce heat.
- Add salt to taste and serve gravy over meatballs while hot.
And of course after we ate our yummy Swedish Chef Meatballs, we all sat down to watch Muppets Most Wanted!
This post was sponsored to bring you loads of #muppetsmostwanted fun!
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!