If you've ever been to Ikea, you've probably tossed a package of these into your cart. ‘Cause you know, they're just handy to have around.
If you've looked around online much, you may have seen a few DIY projects done to spruce up their plain Jane look.
Not that there's anything wrong with plain. Or Jane for that matter.
But sometimes a little sprucing can be fun, yes?
Stenciled Cork Trivets
- Silhouette Three Mustaches cut file
- cork trivets (from Ikea or even the dollar store)
- stencil material
- Silhouette Cameo
- foam brush
- black paint (I used Fusion Mineral Paint's Coal Black)
1. Open the mustache cut file in Silhouette Studio. If using the Ikea trivets, size your mustaches to 6.5″ wide. Otherwise size them to about half an inch smaller than the width of your trivets.
2. Adjust Silhouette settings to cut stencil material and send to Silhouette.
3. Trim between mustaches so you have three separate stencils.
4. Peel backing off of the first stencil and remove the mustache. Center stencil on cork trivet.
5. Dab foam brush in paint and remove excess on paper towel to prevent bleed-through. Then paint over stencil as shown.
6. Remove stencil and let dry. Repeat for all three mustaches/trivets.
Now you can use your trivets as wall art by adding a little double sided sticky tape. (You could even use them as bulletin/pin/notice boards while they're hanging on the wall.)
Or you could be a real rebel and use them as stenciled … trivets! Imagine!
Have you any cork trivets lying around? Have you stenciled anything lately? What's your take on mustaches as art?
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!