A roast beef dinner is one of those classic meals that is all at once comforting, filling, and nutritious.
And there is nothing like coming home to a home cooked meal all ready and waiting after a long day of work. (Or smelling it cook all day if you work from home!)
This slow cooker roast beef dinner recipe is quick, easy and a complete one pot, mess-free meal!
A one-pot, no-fuss roast beef dinner!
15 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- One 1.5-1.8 kg (3-4 pounds) beef roast
- One 454 g (approx. 16 oz) bag baby carrots
- 8-10 potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- One 900 mL (approx. 4 cups) carton beef broth OR 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup red wine/cooking wine/sherry
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. each rosemary, sage, savory, thyme and salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire/HP Sauce
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut potatoes into 1-2 in. pieces.
- Cut onions into chunks. (I leave mine large to add flavor but so the kids can pick around them!)
- Place roast in center of slow cooker.
- Surround roast with potatoes and then carrots.
- Top with onions.
- Pour beef broth or water and wine/sherry over everything.
- Submerge bay leaf into liquid.
- Sprinkle with herbs, spices and Worcestershire/HP sauce.
- Cover and cook until roast is cooked through approximately on high for 4 hours or low 8 hours.
*If roast is frozen, cooking on high for about 6 hours should be good!
Can be served with gravy made from “drippings”, horseradish and a side salad if desired!
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!