Welcome to our Rustic Chic Master Bedroom.
There is a rustic headboard, burlap banner and industrial-esque lamps.
But there's also a trellis-inspired stenciled wall, a crisp white pin-tuck duvet cover, yellow ceramic knobs and vintage looking throw pillows.
All combined with a color scheme of moody deep gray with splashes of sunny yellow.
Sometimes a room's final design comes to me right away, but sometimes it takes living in the space for awhile – in the case of our master bedroom at this house, a few months – to ‘see' it.
As always, budget was a big consideration.
And quite frankly we loved several elements of our old master bedroom. You know the tiny bedroom from our bungalow – the one that was featured in Casa Romantica Shabby Chic and on Steven and Chris.
Yeah, that one.
But this time the house and even the room seemed to need a cozier, moodier look.
And this room is rockin' the cozy factor!
We of course reused the duvet and table lamps. And we actually reused the Trellis stencil too, but this time with a whole lot more contrast.
Just after Christmas we purchased all new dressers and nightstands – something we haven't done for over a decade. They're not super fancy, but even new Ikea pieces can be pretty!
We collected and purchased several small accent pieces.
And we customized the nightstands with bright yellow knobs. They're just like jewelry for furniture.
We were also thoroughly in love with our reclaimed wood-look headboard and burlap love banner.
So why not recreate the look?
I'd say we're about 85% finished in this room, because a few items (like baseboards and windows) are part of ‘whole house' projects.
paint walls buy new dressers and nightstands sew new pillow covers from some yellow and gray Joel Dewberry fabric I bought from etsy brighten up the knobs on the nightstands for contrast
- get a new dust ruffle/bedskirt (I've found what I want, just waiting for it to be in stock at Target)
DIY a headboard, possibly the same as our old master bedroom’s headboard add some more art
- install a new window
(this one is leaking)(Dean fixed the leak, but new windows would still be a good idea)
- replace all the baseboards (in the whole house!)
- change the interior doors to white ones with more character than the existing hollow core doors
- also redo or replace the floors
- Dressers and nightstands
- Pintuck Duvet Cover and Shams
- Fabric for toss pillows
- Yellow knobs for nightstands
- Nightstand lamps (The Home Depot-discontinued)
- White dresser lamp
- Yellow and white geometric lamp shade (Target)
- Artwork: Fruits of the Spirit, I Love You, Family Rules
- Burlap Banner (DIY Option below)
- Wall paint color – Sherwin Williams SW7674, Peppercorn
- Stencil – Small Moorish Trellis Stencil, Royal Design Studio
- Accent pieces – various places like Target, our own house, Bouclair, etc.
- Headboard (our old tutorial but we used the exact same method)
- You Are My Sunshine Artwork
- Toss Pillows (We made them!)
- Burlap Banner – DIY Option
- Card Catalog Jewelry Box
- How to Stencil a Wall
What do you think of the new look? How about the paint contrast with the trellis stencil?
P.S. Come back Wednesday afternoon to enter a giveaway of THE.MOST.AMAZING.SHEETS.EVER! Like really and truly-want to climb into bed naked all the time-sheets! Oh yes. I really did just
say type that!