Sometimes you can luck out and find beautiful authentic grain sacks buried in a barn in Alabama …
…and sometimes you can't.
Or maybe you don't want to ruin perfectly good French grain sack even though you really want the look of grain sack.
How to Paint Grain Sack Stripes
- canvas or other similar fabric
- masking tape
- foam brush
1. Cut your fabric to size if necessary. I painted a little canvas bag, so no cutting was needed.
2. Tape off a large stripe right down the middle of your fabric.
3. Dry brush paint (color of choice) between the tape. Remove tape and let dry.
4. Place large piece of tape over center painted stripe. Then place one more piece parallel to that on each side, as shown.
5. Dry brush paint between the tape. Remove tape and let dry.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5.
If you're painting grain sack stripes onto something washable, be sure to mix in some fabric medium (using package directions).