I think it's safe to say I have a real thing for throw pillows in the living room.
(She says with a sheepish grin.)
It started innocently enough – a pillow here, a pillow there.
Until I had a whole collection of throw pillows in the living room.
But when I find really awesome throw pillows it's just so darn hard to say no.
And truthfully, I'm a bit of a particular pillow addict.
I only buy feather inserts. (I only buy the $7 Ikea versions.)
And I don't normally spend much more than $20 for a cover.
Sometimes I even make my own.
Or support a bloggy friend or other creative artist.
Come to think of it I believe it's a good thing, my throw pillow addiction.
How else would throw pillow artists make a living?
Living Room Source list:
- Couches – unknown, bought them second hand
- Trellis rug – RugsUSA
- Coffee Table – DIY, tutorial here
- Wood and Metal Shelves – DIY, tutorial here
- Slipper Chairs – The Brick
- Secretary desk – kijiji find, makeover here
- Barn door – DIY, tutorial here
- Floors – Lumber Liquidators, reveal here
- Wall color – Sherwin Williams Bungalow Beige
- Curtains – DIY from drop cloth, tutorial here
- Electric Fireplace – Canadian Tire
- Shelf and floor lighting – Ikea
- Desk cage light – Target (no longer available in Canada)
- Lamps on piano – Homesense (no longer available)
- Oliver the Deer Head – Home Hardware
- Mantel Shelf – DIY, tutorial here
- Starburst wood mirror – Target
- Industrial numbered crates – Michael’s + DIY, tutorial here
- Large dice box and crown book ends – Urban Barn (no longer available)
- Numbered sign – DIY, tutorial here
- Brass apple bell – thrift store
- Faux hydrangeas and vase – Urban Barn
- Scrap wood sailboats – DIY, tutorial here
- Special date stenciled sign – DIY, tutorial here
- Large basket tray – Michaels
- Large glass vase – Urban Barn
- Driftwood fish on a stick – Homesense
- Driftwood – Homesense
- Star fish – Homesense
- Faux flowers – Micheals
- Cream throw blanket – Homesense
- Plaid Hermine throw blanket – Ikea
- Buck throw pillow – Craftberry Bush
- 23 numbered pillows – Homesense (no longer available)
- Button throw pillow (Benzy Land map on reverse) – Ikea
- Compass throw pillow – Zach Terrell
- Don't panic throw pillow – Zach Terrell
- Geodesic throw pillow – Terry Fan
- Faux animal print (cow/horse) throw pillow – DIY, using this fabric and this method
- Off white faux fur throw pillow – DIY, using this fabric and this method
- Chevron throw pillow – Chapters/Indigo (no longer available)
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!