I am thrilled to report that we have made some progress in the Master Bedroom!
Okay, why am I so happy about that?
I'll tell you why.
Normally I can pick paint colors – SNAP – just like that. But I made a huge error in judgement with the first color I picked for our bedroom. So huge, I didn't even take a picture!
Thankfully I didn't paint the whole room before I realized I hated it.
Hate is such a nasty word. But hate it, I did.
Anyway, after getting rid of a rather pink-ish looking color called SW Fragile Beauty I (that may very well work in another space, just not in our north facing yellow and gray bedroom!) and replacing it with SW Peppercorn, I am a much happier lady!
Here is what the room looked like all clean and staged in the Realtor listing.
And here is what the room looked like right after Christmas before we bought new dressers and nightstands. Yikes!
And with the progress we've made…
So there is still quite a bit to do before I call this room done:
- sew new pillow covers from some yellow and gray Joel Dewberry fabric I bought from etsy
- brighten up the knobs on the nightstands for contrast
- get a new dust ruffle/bedskirt
- DIY a headboard, possibly the same as our old master bedroom's headboard
- add some more art
- install a new window (this one is leaking)
- replace all the baseboards (in the whole house!)
- change the interior doors to white ones with more character than the existing hollow core doors
I'd like to say that this room will be complete, um like tomorrow, but I've been giving Dean a hard time about finishing the kitchen sooner than later. So guess what we'll be working on?
Our new bedroom is certainly moodier than the old one. But since it's a north facing room instead of a south facing space, it needed it. KWIM? What do you think of it? Do you like moody bedrooms? Or do you prefer to keep it light and fresh? Does the location of the room in the house change how YOU pick paint too?
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!