Long, long ago in a land far away Dean and I had our first baby girl.
She had blonde hair and blue eyes and adored all things girly from her very first breath.
Fast forward thirteen years and that lovely middle of ours is now a teenager. Who desperately needs her own space. (As does her sweet little sister with whom she shared a room.)
You may remember us mentioning that our oldest (our only son) moved down to the basement, leaving his former room vacant.
Here is the upstairs space when it was his. We quite literally moved him in and hung a few photos on the wall when we bought this house. Not an overly inspired space, to say the least!
Obviously we had a lot of work to do to create a girly teen retreat out of that!
Here was the mood board for the project:
Pictured: Custom Art (those shown by House of Belonging) | Bouclair – Akira Bedding & Faux Silk Drum Shade | pomsMANIA – Tissue Paper Poms | Leon’s – Chris Mushroom Dresser | Graham and Brown Wallpaper – Cherry Blossom Soft Pink | Lumber Liquidators Laminate | Ikea – TEJN Faux Sheepskin Rug
We were thinking of a whole lot of neutrals to grow with our girl, balanced with rich textures and a few pops of her long-time favorite color – PINK!
I'm pleased to say that we got a look that is very close to the mood board and one that everyone – especially the lady of the room – loves!
This side of the room has the biggest concentration of pink because of the bedding and the curtains, which we had in the girls' previously shared room.
The other views of the room are somewhat less vibrant.
There's plenty of storage for clothes, books, art supplies, etc.
And there's a perfectly lovely gallery wall meant to uplift, encourage and inspire our young artist.
The sign in the center is my favorite. It's from Between You and Me Signs. We had them make a sign with the same scripture for our son's room. Only his room is not finished yet. #parentfail #bloggerfail #wewillshowyousoon
And can I just say how much I adore the wallpaper? It's the Cherry Blossom Soft Pink from Graham & Brown and has just he tiniest bit of glitter to it!
Obviously our girl is loving her new room. And her sis is very much enjoying having their old room all to herself.
What do you think of the neutral and pink teen girl's room we created? What's your favorite part?
Neutral and Pink Teen Girl's Room Source List:
- Flooring – Sandy Hill Hickory Laminate, Lumber Liquidators
- Bed and Dresser – Chris Collection in Mushroom, Leon's
- Wallpaper – Cherry Blossom Soft Pink, Graham & Brown
- Wall color – Stratosphere, CIL
- Curtain rod, baseboards, door knobs, hinges – Home Depot
- Duvet cover, owl bookends, pink wreath, pink tree – Bouclair
- Curtains – Walmart
- Scripture framed art – Between You and Me Signs
- Brusali bookshelf, Lersta floor lamp, Branas white baskets, Skubb hanging cubbies, squirrel pillow, Tejn faux sheepskin rug, Strala white Christmas trees, Raskog utility cart, Hermine throw, Portis coat stand, Byarum clipboard fashion art, Vinter 2015 white wreath – Ikea
- Mirror, horse canvas – Homesense
- Party decoration – Martha Stewart, Micheals
- Laundry Basket – Canadian Tire
- Large chalkboard – thrifted
- Chalkboard message board, small saying square art, mustache scrapbook paper and frame, aqua clock – Michaels
- Deer, flowers and antler do what you love art – Craftberry Bush
- Green wreath – DIY
- Glitter ampersand canvas – DIY