I have to tell you a secret…
My mom makes the best bbq potatoes evuh!
And – since this was one of the first recipes we made when we got a new BBQ – you're in for a treat today because I'm going to share her delicious recipe!
Yields 4 servings
My mom makes the best bbq potatoes with butter and onions (optional if you hate onions) - and I'm sharing her recipe today!
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 tsp butter
- black pepper
- BBQ strength aluminum foil
- Preheat BBQ on medium.
- Tear off four pieces of aluminum foil, each approximately 12" x 12".
- Peel, rinse and slice potatoes into 1/4" slices. Set aside.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Place half the potato slices on one piece of aluminum foil and the other half on another piece of foil (in sort of a pile).
- Add half the diced onions to each of the potato piles.
- Add butter in little "pieces" and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Wrap aluminum foil up and around to cover potatoes. Then flip upside down onto another piece of aluminum foil and wrap again. Repeat to create two "packets". (Double recipe if serving more people.)
- Place on preheated BBQ. Cook for 15-20 minutes on each side.
Mmm. Yummy BBQ potatoes!
What's your favorite dish to BBQ?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!