Today we're sharing a super simple (just the way we like it!) Merry Christmas Garland made from easy to find office supply store Metal-Rim Tags.
Christmas Garland made from Metal Rim Tags
- Metal-Rim Tags
- Jute/Hemp String
- Sharpie or other permanent black marker
- Hole Punch
If you can't find the tags at the dollar store, find them on Amazon here:
1. If necessary, punch a bigger hole in the Metal-Rim Tags using a hole punch. The Martha Stewart tags we bought had very thin strings and tiny holes, so we used a hole punch to make them large enough for the hemp string.
2. Using a pencil (and looking at whatever font you like on a computer for help), outline a letter on each tag.
3. Using a Sharpie or other permanent marker, fill out each letter.
4. Line up the tags in order and thread them together with the jute/hemp string.
5. Hang and enjoy!
You could also create individual ornaments using large hang tags, or even a garland to wrap around a Charlie Brown-style tree using smaller tags!
(If you want to you could tie each tag to the jute/hemp string so it won't slide around)
FREE 27 Page Holiday Planner Printables Pack!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter packed with DIY projects, recipes and decorating ideas - and get our 27 page Holiday Planner pack FREE!