Given the rate at which I typically switch out our decor, I think our master bedroom has done well to stay almost exactly the same for over three years.
Not that I'm prone to buying new bedroom furniture often.
Because I'm not.
Dean and I have had exactly two full sets of bedroom furniture (one we bought on credit when we first got married and was uglier than you'll ever know and the current set is one we settled on when we moved here) and a series of hand-me-down dressers and nightstands for the twenty years we've been together. And I'm totally good with that.
I do however keep the main elements fairly neutral so that I can change the accents occasionally when the decorating mood strikes.
Master Bedroom Refresh
Since the calendar tells me it's Spring and the weather is anything but spring-y in my part of the world, I find I'm craving just the tiniest bit of pale blush to brighten up my beloved neutrals.
Which is what inspired me to switch out the yellow accents in our master bedroom with some blush ones. Very pale blush, but still blush. And yes, I did check with Dean first. He's totally okay with it.
What got changed in our master bedroom refresh:
- yellow nightstand knobs replaced with clear crystal knobs
- yellow and grey artwork changed to on-trend hand-lettered art
- yellow graphic patterned toss pillows swapped with blush colored plain ones
- sheets changed from gray and white to blush percale patterned sheet set from Simons.ca
- added a blush diamond patterned throw from Simons.ca
- softened up the look of the floor (the new laminate still hasn't been installed in here yet) with a faux sheep skin rug also from Simons.ca
Obviously we found several items for our bedroom refresh at Simons.ca and we really like them. They even have free shipping right now (as of posting this post) if you want to freshen up your own space too!
How's the weather for you? Have you given any rooms a spring refresh lately?
This post sponsored by Simons.ca. All opinions and thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help to make this blog possible!
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!