I think it's safe to say that I quite like decorating for fall. 🙂
But rather than bright and colorful orange I prefer to stick to creamy warm neutrals.
Big surprise, right?
Anyway. White, off-white and cream pumpkins are my absolute favorite in the fall.
Followed closely by any fall flowers (in neutral colors of course!).
Make a Pumpkin Tower with Faux Pumpkins
- three craft pumpkins
- short, round metal pail
- brown Kraft paper
- small handful of straw, moss or paper fill
- glue gun and glue
- hacksaw or utility knife
1. Remove all labels and tags from pumpkins and pail.
2. Crumple Kraft paper and stuff inside pail, leaving the center free as shown. This adds stability to the pumpkins. Test and adjust as necessary.
3. Hot glue the top of the stem of one pumpkin, and place upside down in pail with Kraft paper. Press down so stem sticks to pail bottom.
4. Using either a hacksaw or utility knife cut the stem off of ONE pumpkin only.
5. Hot glue around the stemless pumpkin's bottom as shown and then place on top of the pumpkin in the pail. Press down to adhere.
6. Hot glue around bottom of the third pumpkin and stick on top of the other two pumpkins.
7. Stuff the gap between the pail and bottom pumpkin with straw, moss or shredded paper filling as desired.
And there you have it – a stacked pumpkin tower of your very own!
The best part is that you can reuse this pumpkin tower with faux pumpkins year after year because it will never go rotten!
To kick off fall in your own home, visit Michaels.com and check out the variety of craft pumpkins available – there is every color, shape and size you could ever want! There are tons of ways to DIY your own craft pumpkin for your home, a party or even as a gift.
If you’re looking for something a little bit different, Michaels recently started selling these fun half pumpkins, perfect for fall décor wall mounts and fun signs. Stay tuned because I'll be sharing a fun fall decor with these next week!
If you’re in need of more fall décor inspiration be sure to look at the 49 other DIY pumpkin projects from the rest of the Michaels Makers – they are fabulous!