I think that the best part about any project is putting your own spin on it.
Whether you're DIYing a shelving unit or just making a little keepsake, personalizing something is so much more fun! And I dare say there's not much more personalized than a monogram.
Make a Monogram From Faux Flowers and Cardboard
- pencil & eraser
- 3-4 bunches of faux flowers
- glue gun & glue gun sticks
- Optional: vintage photo frame and thumb tacks
1. Sketch out a large letter (of your choice) onto the cardboard and cut out with scissors.
2. Remove each faux flower from the bunches.
3. Hot glue faux flowers onto monogram cardboard cut out. You can either lay them out before hand in their entirety or you can wing it and just glue one on at a time.
4. Optional: Hang vintage frame on the wall and pin the faux floral monogram to the wall in the center of the frame.
The flower monogram and vintage frame seem to set each other off just right, don't they?
My kids did point out that my letter ‘S' looked a bit more like a crazy floral 8 than an S, but I like it anyway.
Have you crafted anything personalized lately? What did you make?
If you want to craft your own personalized decor, check out Michaels:
- Whether it’s decorating with marquee lights or crafting an initial that represents your family name, Michaels has made it easy with their new Alphabet Soup by Make Market™ line of products.
- This collection of surfaces, letters, frames and more come in modern, eclectic or rustic styles. From natural and finished woods, to a variety of metals, resin and patterned styles, the possibilities are endless.
- If you don’t know where to begin, you can always take a look at some of the fun projects on Michaels.com or the other 49 Makers’ ideas on The Glue String for to see how they personalized their crafts!
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!