It took me years to learn to make gravy.
Which is funny because once you know how, it's really not at all difficult!
Gravy makes so many things taste better.
Homemade gravy even more so.
And with this recipe you can make chicken gravy, beef gravy or even veggie gravy!
Easy homemade gravy that is perfect for roast or chicken or even poutine!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp. Healthy Butter Substitute such as Becel Vegan or Earth Balance
- 2-4 tbsp. Rice Flour
- 1 C. Broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- In saucepan over medium heat melt butter substitute.
- Once butter is melted, begin to stir in rice flour a little at a time. Continue adding flour until butter and flour become a paste (roux).
- Then whisk in broth, a little at a time allowing gravy to thicken before adding more broth.
- Add salt and pepper (optional).
See, not hard at all.
Just choose the broth that coordinates with the dish you're serving!
The trick to homemade gravy is the roux (butter and flour in this case): don't walk away while the roux is heating, otherwise it will burn.
What will you use it for?
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!