It took me years to learn to make gravy.
Which is funny because once you know how, it's really not at all difficult!
Gravy makes so many things taste better.
Homemade gravy even more so.
And with this recipe you can make chicken gravy, beef gravy or even veggie gravy!
Easy homemade gravy that is perfect for roast or chicken or even poutine!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp. Healthy Butter Substitute such as Becel Vegan or Earth Balance
- 2-4 tbsp. Rice Flour
- 1 C. Broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- In saucepan over medium heat melt butter substitute.
- Once butter is melted, begin to stir in rice flour a little at a time. Continue adding flour until butter and flour become a paste (roux).
- Then whisk in broth, a little at a time allowing gravy to thicken before adding more broth.
- Add salt and pepper (optional).
See, not hard at all.
Just choose the broth that coordinates with the dish you're serving!
The trick to homemade gravy is the roux (butter and flour in this case): don't walk away while the roux is heating, otherwise it will burn.
What will you use it for?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!