Awhile back I mentioned that even halfway homemade is better than preservative laden pre-packaged foods.
It's totally true.
I would rather eat something almost from scratch than something out of a package any day!
Which brings me to these halfway homemade croutons. They're only halfway homemade because as much as I love the idea of making my own bread, I just don't have time these days. So I used a few slices of store-bought gluten free bread and made some pretty healthy and quick croutons – perfect for Caesar salad.
Using store-bought gluten free bread, these halfway homemade croutons are easy and delicious!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 slices (gluten free) bread
- butter (or butter substitute)
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half (optional)
- Butter bread on one or both sides (totally your preference) and lay on cookie sheet.
- Rub buttered surface with garlic if desired.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and cut into small cubes.
- Bake again for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with Caesar salad.
Here's our Caesar Dressing to go with.
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!