Awhile back I mentioned that even halfway homemade is better than preservative laden pre-packaged foods.
It's totally true.
I would rather eat something almost from scratch than something out of a package any day!
Which brings me to these halfway homemade croutons. They're only halfway homemade because as much as I love the idea of making my own bread, I just don't have time these days. So I used a few slices of store-bought gluten free bread and made some pretty healthy and quick croutons – perfect for Caesar salad.
Using store-bought gluten free bread, these halfway homemade croutons are easy and delicious!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 slices (gluten free) bread
- butter (or butter substitute)
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half (optional)
- Butter bread on one or both sides (totally your preference) and lay on cookie sheet.
- Rub buttered surface with garlic if desired.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and cut into small cubes.
- Bake again for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with Caesar salad.
Here's our Caesar Dressing to go with.
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!