Okay, I have to say this is one of my favorites in our recent plethora of gold projects!
I don't know what it is about the lowly ampersand, but I just love it! Its shape, its presence.
Anyway, we figured we were glittering up a storm already, so why not create a little art too.
Gold Glitter Ampersand Canvas Art
- gold craft paint (I used Martha Stewart)
- paint brush
- gold marker (I used a Sharpie)
- printout of large ampersand
- glue (I used Mod Podge)
- gold glitter
1. Cut out your printed ampersand (pick whatever font you want and print it to fit your canvas) and trace onto canvas.
2. Outline ampersand with gold marker.
3. Paint carefully inside your marker lines with gold paint. Let dry.
4. Apply glue/Mod Podge over gold painted ampersand.
5. Sprinkle with gold glitter. Press gently. Let dry.
6. Tap off excess glitter.
Now if you're lucky enough you can find a pretty frame like the one in the photos to embellish your Gold Glitter Ampersand Canvas Art. I only got to borrow it from a friend because I still can't find one that cool looking!
Do you like gold? Do you like ampersands? What about canvas art? Am I just being silly now? Won't you join me? 🙂
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!