So in case it's not obvious yet, I did a lot of baking last week.
Hence the Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe I shared on Friday.
I like to bake in big batches – and make just one big kitchen mess instead of lots of little ones.
Anyway, since it's now officially fall – and all things pumpkin abound – I thought it would be fun to whip up some gluten free pumpkin muffins.
You know while I was messing up the kitchen anyway.
Shannon Acheson, AKA Design
Made with rice flour this gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe is perfect for fall!
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp crushed cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or butter substitute (I used Becel Vegan)
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pie filling!) OR 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter (or substitute) or cool and wrap for freezing.
HOT TIP: For easy gluten free baking, I prefer to use white rice flour and tapioca starch mixed to about 70/30 or 75/25 ratio. It just seems to work well.
The good news is even the kids in our house who don't need to be gluten free loved these pumpkin muffins.