Sometimes it's tough to enjoy eating gluten free banana bread.
Many versions I've tried have been dry, crumbly and bland.
Making my own seems to be the only way to get a moist and delicious gluten free banana bread.
But the flour combinations I've seen in many gluten free recipes is a bit much.
Who wants to store ten types of flour anyway?
So after trying several recipes – and not being willing to play with a million and one gluten free flour combinations – I finally created this one with rice flour and tapioca starch.
It's soft and moist and delicious – and stays that way even reheated after some time in the freezer!
Moist and delicious this simple gluten free banana bread recipe is made with rice flour, tapioca starch and soft bananas. Recipe makes 3 loaves. Reduce for less.
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 6 ripe bananas
- 3 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 - 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup milk (I use almond)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Position rack in center of oven. Grease three loaf pans with butter or non-dairy butter substitute.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and combine with milk and oil.
- Mix all ingredients together in the large mixing bowl.
- Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks and then remove from pan. Serve warm with butter or cool completely and wrap for storage.
For our family I make the whole recipe – all three loaves. We eat one warm or for breakfast the next morning and wrap two in tin foil and a freezer bag and freeze for later.
You can of course reduce the recipe and make fewer than 3 loaves.
Is anyone in your family gluten free? Do you like your banana bread with nuts or without? How about chocolate chips?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!