We're not much of a soup family.
Dean and I and the girls like soup. The boy not so much. (He really only likes this soup. And cup-a-soup and Mr. Noodles. Ack.)
Anyway, I'm a fan of cream soup. But our family isn't so good with cheese.
So I came up with this Dairy Free Cream of Broccoli Soup to feed the cream soup craving without the cheese.
Yields 2-4 servings
Dairy free cream of broccoli soup to feed the creamy soup craving without the cheese! And NO canned cream of soup!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy, rice, coconut)
- 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar flavored shreds
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp HP sauce
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium stock pot. Add onions and saute until transparent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour broth over onion and garlic mixture. Add broccoli and simmer about 5 minutes or until broccoli is cooked.
- Meanwhile heat milk in microwave or scald on the stove. When warm add to soup pot.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and heat through.
There it is – a hearty, healthy vegetable soup to keep you warm!
Are you a soup-eater? What's your favorite soup?
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!