It's called Natural Accents and it's filled with projects and ideas for decorating indoors with items from the outdoors.
To show you a bit of what the book is about – both in support of my friend and perhaps to whet your appetite – I've created a little project from an idea in Natural Accents.
Clay Pots and Wooden Spoons as Place Cards
- clay pots
- off-white paint (I used Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain)
- paint brush
- small wooden spoons
- fine tip marker/pen
- yard clippings or small potted plants
1. Randomly dry brush each pot with off-white paint using a paint brush. Dry brushing is done by dipping the brush in paint and then off-loading the excess paint onto a paper towel before painting the object. Let dry.
2. Fill pots with either yard clippings or small potted plants.
3. Using fine tip marker/pen, write names on wooden spoons. Let dry.
4. Insert wooden spoon into potted plant and set the table!
Alternately you could write or paint names or numbers directly onto the pots to use as place cards.
Have I mentioned before that I love to set a pretty table? And that sometimes I even do it just for fun and then let it stay that way for a couple of days while we eat in the breakfast area of the kitchen!?
I know. Cuckoo.
If you like this project you will probably love many of the projects and ideas in Stacy's book.
Find Natural Accents on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Do you like to bring the outdoors in when decorating? What's your favorite natural accent?
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!