A cozy, welcoming home is the best, don't you think?
I try to evoke feelings of warmth and comfort in our home as much as possible and one of my favorite ways to do that is to make our house smell really good.
Like I just made freshly baked cookies.
Only I can't bake cookies to save my life (except these ones).
So I have to “fake” it.
I fake it with plugins and candles. And during the holidays I also fake it with cinnamon scented pine cones.
Sometimes I buy them already scented and sometimes I make my own.
DIY Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones
- pine cones (foraged or bought)
- cinnamon fragrance oil or essential oil
- large zippered storage bag
1. If you forage for pine cones, make sure to bake them on a low setting for a little while to bake out any bugs. Let cool completely.
2. Place pine cones in the zippered storage bag.
3. Add a few drops of oil.
4. Seal the bag and shake to distribute.
5. Optional: To let the scent really absorb into the pine cones, leave them in the sealed bag for 2 or more days.
6. Remove from bag and display in bowls, crates or baskets.
What could be easier than that?
Sometimes the decorating is all in the little details and making people feel warm and cozy.
Living Room Source List:
- Wall Color – Sherwin Williams Bungalow Beige
- Flooring – Sandy Hills Hickory “Handscraped” Laminate from Lumber Liquidators
- Area Rug – Moroccan Trellis in Tan from Rugs USA
- Couches – second hand
- Pillow Covers – various (numbered covers from Chapters Indigo years ago but similar here and here, Deer Head by Lucy of Craftberry Bush, grainsack-look stripe from Michaels)
- Pillow Inserts – FJÄDRAR inner pillow from Ikea
- Grey Plaid Throw – similar here
- Large Square Coffee Table – DIY Brickmaker’s Coffee Table found here
- Large Square Tray – Homesense
- Large White Antler – Homesense
- Gold Hammered Bowl – Chapters Indigo
- Monogrammed A Mug – Anthropologie
(Our source list contains affiliate links. That just means that we make a few pennies at no extra cost to you, should you purchase anything via one of the links. Thank you for helping to make this site possible! xo, Shannon)
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!