A cozy, welcoming home is the best, don't you think?
I try to evoke feelings of warmth and comfort in our home as much as possible and one of my favorite ways to do that is to make our house smell really good.
Like I just made freshly baked cookies.
Only I can't bake cookies to save my life (except these ones).
So I have to “fake” it.
I fake it with plugins and candles. And during the holidays I also fake it with cinnamon scented pine cones.
Sometimes I buy them already scented and sometimes I make my own.
Make Your Own Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones
- pine cones (foraged or bought)
- cinnamon fragrance oil or essential oil
- large zippered storage bag
1. If you forage for pine cones, make sure to bake them on a low setting for a little while to bake out any bugs. Let cool completely.
2. Place pine cones in the zippered storage bag.
3. Add a few drops of oil.
4. Seal the bag and shake to distribute.
5. Optional: To let the scent really absorb into the pine cones, leave them in the sealed bag for 2 or more days.
6. Remove from bag and display in bowls, crates or baskets.
What could be easier than that?
Sometimes the decorating is all in the little details and making people feel warm and cozy.
FREE 27 Page Holiday Planner Printables Pack!
Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter packed with DIY projects, recipes and decorating ideas - and get our 27 page Holiday Planner pack FREE!