Can you name two things that are popular in craft and DIY projects right now?
Go ahead. I'll wait.
Okay. Time's up!
How about chalkboards and embroidery hoops!
Yup. And I've combined them both in this simple little chalkboard embroidery hoop project.
- embroidery hoop
- chalk cloth
- jute string
- glue gun (optional)
1. Trace the inside embroidery hoop circle onto the back side of chalk cloth.
2. Cut circle 1″ bigger than traced circle.
3. Fit chalk cloth into embroidery hoop and tighten. This may be a bit of a struggle because chalk cloth is pretty thick!
4. Optional. Glue excess chalk cloth to back of hoop if desired.
5. Season chalk cloth with chalk and hang with string!
How fun would these be at a party to as food labels or at a birthday for words of encouragement to the birthday boy or girl. You could also use those colorful plastic embroidery hoops for a pop of color in a child's room!
Do you still love chalkboards? Or are you done with them? What about embroidery hoops – any other uses than their intended purpose?