Oh my gosh! This recipe for smoker beer can chicken is SO yummy!
Seriously, when we bought our new BBQ from The Home Depot, this was the first recipe I wanted to try!
Yields 6-8 servings
This beer can chicken smoker recipe is moist, flavorful and delicious. It's perfect for an afternoon outside on the patio.
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Cook Time
1 hr, 45 Total Time
- 1 cup mesquite wood chips
- 1 cup water
- 1 whole chicken, giblets and neck removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 can of beer
- Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat smoker.
- Meanwhile rinse chicken and be sure the neck and giblets are removed and discarded. Set chicken on a plate.
- Mix garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rub chicken all over with olive oil.
- Then rub garlic and seasoning mix all over chicken.
- Open the can of beer, pouring out half (drink if desired!). Add a couple extra holes in top of beer can with a can opener.
- Place can on a solid surface (we used a special beer can chicken rack for better balance, but it's not necessary) and lower chicken cavity over beer can.
- Drain and add wood chips to wood chip container in smoker carefully.
- Place chicken on the beer can onto the smoker rack, close door and let cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear.
- Carefully remove chicken on the beer can from the smoker and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Then lift off beer can and cut for serving.
Have you ever tried smoker beer can chicken? Didn't you just love it?!
Get our FREE Meal Planning Printable!
Just fill out your email and click the button to get instant access to our meal planning printable - plus how to meal plan in 6 simple steps!
Make meal prep easier and save money by meal planning this week!