Since I've been travelling lately I've not really created anything new.
In fact, it felt a little odd to go through the process of getting out supplies, spreading them across the dining room table, creating, styling and photographing this little project.
But I was happy to ‘break the ice” and get back to creating.
Quick Antler Embroidery Hoop Art
This little project was actually inspired by Tina who made similar hoop art and shared them on Instagram 🙂
- wooden embroidery hoops
- scrap linen or other light fabric
- gold sharpie
1. Trace around the embroidery hoops onto fabric. Cut circles out just outside pencil lines.
2. Take embroidery hoops apart. Place fabric over smaller circle. Place larger circle (the one with the screw adjustment) over the fabric and press down. Tighten the screw. Trim any excess fabric on back side of embroidery hoop.
3. Either freehand or trace antlers onto fabric. I did this on the back side, so any errors wouldn't show.
4. Outline antlers with the Sharpie on back side of fabric. Then flip over and trace antlers again on the right side. Color in with the Sharpie. Be careful to use a light hand to avoid bleeding on the fabric.
5. Hang and enjoy!