Flowers, chocolate, and wine are always appropriate hostess gifts. But this time of year, I often feel the pressure to find a unique and festive present for each of our holiday hosts.
Instead of putting unnecessary stress on myself, I've spent some time coming up with a no-fail gift basket that works for every occasion.
This gift basket was inspired by my love for Mrs. Meyer's holiday scents. No one — and I mean no one — can resist the smell of peppermint, orange clove, and pine this time of year.
Right now, you can grab a free set of Mrs. Meyer's holiday hand soap + dish soap + multi-surface spray + seasonal kitchen towel with your first order of $20 from Grove Collaborative. (The hardest part is resisting the urge to keep it for yourself!) (If you’re an existing customer, you’ll get a free set of Grove walnut scrubber sponges.)
Holiday Hostess Gift Idea
Then keep reading to see how to wrap a festive and environmentally-friendly gift basket:
- Instead of a traditional gift basket, try a cleaning caddy to stick with the household theme. You can use any one you like, but I’m especially fond of Grove Collaborative’s white enamel caddy. So useful and pretty!
- Skip the tissue paper and line the caddy with this gorgeous seasonal towel. It’s super thick and absorbent — perfect for drying dishes and mopping up spills while preparing a big meal.
- Place the tallest item, the multi-surface spray, in the middle. Your host or hostess will appreciate this endlessly useful spray for cleaning countertops, backsplashes, and appliances after guests go home.
- Arrange the smaller items beside the multi-surface spray. Mrs. Meyer's hand soap and dish soap are necessities in my kitchen, and guests always rave about the cheerful scents. Try Iowa pine in your gift basket – it reminds me of a fresh-cut Christmas tree!
- I like to forgo traditional “fillers” like cellophane or shredded paper in favor of something more festive and eco-friendly. In keeping with the Iowa Pine scent, you could gather a few pinecones from your yard and tuck them into the gaps. If you chose the Peppermint scent, you could use candy canes and individually wrapped chocolates instead. And how fresh would some juicy oranges and fragrant cinnamon sticks look peeking out among the orange clove kit?
That's it — your hostess gift is ready to go!
Now, don't forget to treat yourself, too: In addition to the FREE holiday set, Grove Collaborative is giving you a free 60 day VIP trial. Once you've submitted your first Grove order using my link here, you'll experience VIP perks like free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service — perfect if you're trying to stretch your holiday budget!
I should warn you that last year, Mrs. Meyer's seasonal scents sold out quickly. This offer is only available through Sunday, November 19th or until the sets are gone, so don't miss out! Here's how it works:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here. You will receive the Holiday Set for free when you sign up!
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive your first box within a few days.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
I'm loving my holiday scents – I got to order early and couldn't wait to open the box! I think you're going to love them too!
P.S. Unfortunately this is only open to U.S. residents as Grove Collaborative doesn't actually ship across the border. If you really want though, you can use a service like MyUS.com like I do to get around that!
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!