Learn how to love your home in this 30 day series about making small improvements to,
being grateful for and seeing the beauty in the home you have.
Welcome back to day 29 of our HOME SWEET HOME – 30 Days to Love Your Home series!
When I was talking about this series, a dear friend mentioned that we have a little more time than money at certain points in life. And that one of the days to this Love Your Home challenge should be to plant something and then spend time watching it grow.
Or at the very least add plants to your home for the life and energy they can bring indoors.
I thought that was a great idea!
And beautiful things growing will certainly go a long way to help you love your home.
5 Ways to Decorate with Plants
- Floor Plants. Get yourself a large/tall floor plant like a ficus or dieffenbachia.
- Orchids. Orchids are very easy to keep alive, requiring just 3 ice cubes a week per plant.
- Cut flower bouquets. Of course, this one is pretty easy for black thumbed people like myself!
- Succulents and cacti. If forgetting to water your plants is an issue, or you just love the look of them, succulents and cacti are pretty low-maintenance plants.
- Fake it! You could of course fake the look, by adding faux plants. Some are still pretty cheezy looking. But there are plenty of pretty and realistic options out there if you look.
Choose which type of plant you'd like to add to your decor. Then go and get it!
You can make this a cheaper part of the challenge by buying a baby plant or bulb and then nurturing it to a larger size!
Love Farmhouse Style?
Get instant access to this free guide for Where to Get Farmhouse Style on a Budget!