I don't know about you, but I've come to really enjoy making Christmas ornaments over the last few years.
Of course there are so many ornaments that you could create. But my favorite quick and easy Christmas ornament crafts are the ones where you “just” add fill to those clear Christmas ball ornaments, or give them a bit of embellishment. The ideas are endless!
40+ Christmas Ball Ornament Ideas For You to Try This Year!
Making ornaments using clear glass or plastic ball ornaments is so easy you can even do it with the kids. Here are more than forty ideas for making your own Christmas ball ornaments.
Simply remove the top, fill each ornament with the items listed below, replace the top, hang and enjoy!
- Bottle brush trees and fake snow
- Glue and glitter
- Strips of sheet music or old book pages
- Mini jingle bells
- Rope, twine or jute for a beacy look
- Pieces of real or faux pine or cedar greenery
- Faux cranberries
- Scrabble tiles, either individually or glued together to make a short word like joy or noel, etc.
- Birch bark
- Mini pennant banners
- Confetti shapes
- Candies such as Smarties, M&M’s, jelly beans
- Hot chocolate and marshmallows
- Mini ball of yarn and two small stick pins to look like knitting needles
- Fabric shreds, maybe from an old well-loved child’s blankie
- Pip berries
- Old kid’s Christmas lists
- Faux snow and mini pine cones
- Beads or pearls
- Faux snow
- Lego pieces
- Mini dinosaurs or animals
- Miniature maps of places you’ve visited
- Steampunk scrapbooking bits like gears, etc.
- Sand and sea shells
- Pipe cleaners
- A layer each of dirt, moss and then faux snow
- Cloves and/or cinnamon
- Paper clips or staples for an office tree
Just add the decorations as described, hang and enjoy!
- Santa’s Belt: fill with red tinsel or fabric, add a strip of black velvet and a pop can tab
- Winter Scene: draw snow covered pine trees with a white marker on outside of ornament, fill with faux snow
- Snowing: draw snowflakes with white marker on outside of ornament and fill with sparkly faux snow
- Snowman Head: glue two mini buttons and an orange triangle of paper onto outside of ornament, then draw black “coal” for a snowman mouth
- Glitter Monogram: draw a nice big monogram on the outside of the ornament and then fill with glitter
I've even created a free printable, so you can print off all the ideas and craft your very own ornaments!
Just click on the image above and then print the PDF!
Happy Creating friends!
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!