Have you ever wanted to dress up a room or change it up a little – without breaking the bank or taking several weekends to do it? Well, take a look at these…
10 Decorating Ideas Under $20
1. Create a gallery wall using a collection of family photos – print them out in black and white for a cohesive look if you like.
2. Add some small details: a silver tray, a scented candle, funky coasters.
3. Swap a lampshade for one of a different shape.
4. Use some oil rubbed bronze spray paint to freshen up a few door knobs a la Young House Love.
5. Stencil an accent wall using a glossy version of an existing wall color.
6. Rearrange the furniture to see if you can come up with a fresh new look.
7. Bring in some of the outdoors: potted herbs for the kitchen, a vibrant gerbera or an aloe vera plant perhaps.
8. Add a plush textured throw blanket to cozy up on the couch.
9. Find an accent piece you like the shape of (but perhaps not the colors) and give it a coat of spray paint – like our owl.
10. Paint a wall with chalkboard paint for a fun surface for doodling.
What other simple cheap and cheerful decorating ideas have you employed in your home? Have you found any fun little accents for less than $20 lately?
Free DECORATING 101 Course
JOIN OVER 7,751 SUBSCRIBERS WHO ARE LEARNING EXACTLY WHERE TO START AND HOW TO CONFIDENTLY DECORATE THEIR OWN HOMES - AND GET THE 'DECORATING 101' COURSE FOR FREE!