It’s finally almost SPRING! Can you believe it? Even though winter wasn’t actually bad in our neck of the woods this year, the so-called winter months seemed to drag on forever. Anyway, since it’s just about Spring, it’s just about time for Spring Cleaning too. I don’t know about your house, but our house seems to collect a lot of stuff and dirt over the winter and I really look forward to a good cleaning and a major purge each March/April. However, Spring Cleaning can become an overwhelming undertaking if you get carried away.
Here are my Top 5 Tips to make your Spring Cleaning easier:
- Use a squeegee with a mixture of vinegar and water to clean windows. In my opinion, this beats any window cleaner out there. (Hint: a wet squeegee is the key).
- Start from the top down, this just keeps everthing you’ve already cleaned from getting dirty again. For example, dust before you vacuum, wipe the table before you sweep and clean upper cupboards before lower, etc.
- The Swiffer is the BEST duster out there. Don’t. Use. Anything. Else.
- Use rubber gloves. This is something new to me, but my skin seems to be getting drier with age (shocker!), so I’ll be using rubber gloves this year – even with natural cleaners.
- Put on some funky music to get you in the mood. It really is more fun to clean when you’re shakin’ your booty!
I’ve created a free Spring Cleaning printable checklist for you too! Just click on the image below and it will take you to another page where you can right click and save the printable pdf.
Join us tomorrow and we’ll share some fun sources for cleaning tools and accessories – just to get you more in the mood for your Spring Cleaning – cause everything is more fun when it’s pretty!