Our bungalow has sold and we’ll be moving into our new back-split on December 14th!
We are beyond excited…I’m pretty sure the whole town could hear our joyous shouts last night after the last papers were signed.
My thoughts are all over the place today:
- I need to pack – and keep three kids entertained as I slowly pack away their games and toys!
- Formal homeschool is on hold from now until the new year. Talk about extended vacation! Really though, they’ll all have reading to do and educational games (like math drills, etc). I just won’t be teaching them about the Romans and the Human Body until the new year. I’m sure we’ll catch up pretty easily.
- What gets packed first & what gets packed last? I should know this, Dean and I have moved 7 times in our marriage.
- Where, oh where, am I going to stack all the packed boxes?
- What do we eat for the next three weeks that won’t make constant messes at the same time as not making us sick? This one is tough because I have always resorted to easy quick food when packing/moving, and then inevitably we either end up sick or I gain ten pounds!
- And do we empty the pantry before we move? I hate to do that with three kids and winter coming. But in reality the store is just around the corner in case of emergency. And who wants to move all that food.
- I will have one heck of a grocery shop to do the week before Christmas!
- I have to transfer the phones and internet, switch the alarm system, forward the mail, talk to the lawyer…
- Christmas shopping (save for the blanket I am making my nephew) is also going to be crammed into the week after we move. Good thing I’m not so good at planning that ahead of time anyway!
- Dining room chairs and a table will need to be borrowed from a friend (THANK YOU to those that have offered extra ones) – because our table, chairs, banquette AND hutch are staying with this house!!! (The new house is larger, but configured differently and we were struggling with how to best utilize the dining room furniture, so when the lady buying our bungalow asked to buy them, we said yes! Dean is going to build us a new table – but that will take some time.)
- Did I mention we are hosting my family for Christmas for two nights? Good thing we’re not a formal sort of family.
- I can’t wait to move in to see how we use the space and then maximize it – I’m so excited for the extra space and another kitchen to remodel!!!
Well, I should go and tackle… something! We’ll post pics of the new place soon. The current owner is still living there, so it will only be Realtor photos for now. But that should give you all an idea of what we’ll be working with!