While chili may feel like a meal just perfect for a cool fall day, coming home to it simmering in the Crock Pot can be a welcome treat after a long day out of the house – at any time of year!
This chili is particularly for bean-lovers because it’s chock full of four kinds of beans (more if you wish). It’s equally delicious with or without ground meat. If you do add meat, be sure to use ground chicken, turkey or extra lean ground beef to keep the chili from simmering in nasty fat all day!
And this slow cooker chili recipe made with several types of canned beans is:
- full of protein – beans and tuna are the most popular canned proteins
- filling – protein helps you feel fuller longer
- easy to make – even my kids can make it!
It’s also great for little chili lovers (aka kids) because you can sneak shredded vegetables in without anyone noticing. So it’s tasty and healthy!
Shannon Acheson, AKA Design
This chili is perfect for bean-lovers because and it's equally delicious with our without ground meat. It's also great for little chili lovers because you can sneak shredded vegetables in without anyone noticing.
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- ground chicken, turkey or extra lean ground beef (optional)
- 2 - 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 - 28 oz can or jar of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- pinch of dried pepper flakes
- 2 - 28 oz cans red kidney beans
- 1 - 19 oz can black beans
- 1 - 19 oz can chickpeas
- 2 - 14 oz cans brown beans in tomato sauce
- 2 carrots finely grated
- 1 zucchinni finely shredded
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Spray slow cooker with no stick spray or olive oil.
- If adding ground meat place in bottom of slow cooker before other ingredients.
- Pour tomatoes over meat.
- Add spices and herbs.
- Add all beans and vegetables to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Slow cooker chili can be served over rice, on it’s own or with a little cheese sprinkled on top!