Several weeks ago a sweet friend and I had an unexpected opportunity to go out for lunch. She suggested a little Thai place that served us the most delicious Mango Cashew Chicken and Coconut Sticky Rice. I went back on another day and got takeout. I just couldn’t help myself. I am so hooked.
Fortunately (for Dean and our pocketbook!) I’ve figured out how to make the Mango Cashew Chicken AT HOME!
This sweet tangy dish is delicious served over rice or on it's own.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp Bragg's Liquid All Purpose Soy Seasoning
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup each yellow and orange pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in wok. Stir fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, stir 4 tbsp oil, Bragg's and honey together. Add to chicken in wok.
- Add onions and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add peppers and broccoli. Continue stir-frying about 5 minutes.
- Add mango and cashews. Add sesame seeds if desired. Stir to heat through.
- Serve immediately, alone or over rice.
Do you like Thai food? Do you have a favourite restaurant dish you’d like to make at home?