Several weeks ago a sweet friend and I had an unexpected opportunity to go out for lunch. She suggested a little Thai place that served us the most delicious Mango Cashew Chicken and Coconut Sticky Rice. I went back on another day and got takeout. I just couldn’t help myself. I am so hooked.
Fortunately (for Dean and our pocketbook!) I’ve figured out how to make the Mango Cashew Chicken AT HOME!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid All Purpose Soy Seasoning
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup each yellow and orange pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli pieces
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in wok. Stir fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, stir 4 tbsp oil, Bragg’s and honey together. Add to chicken in wok.
- Add onions and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add peppers and broccoli. Continue stir-frying about 5 minutes.
- Add mango and cashews. Add sesame seeds if desired. Stir to heat through.
- Serve immediately, alone or over rice.
Do you like Thai food? Do you have a favourite restaurant dish you’d like to make at home?