You guys would be so proud of me!
I totally let my girls help me with a decorate-y craft this weekend.
Okay maybe to YOU it’s not a big deal. But I am a total control freak and typically keep the house-decorating crafts separate from the kids crafts. I know, ridiculous.
You should have seen how happy they were. It was absolutely worth it!
Anyway, we made a really simple pink and gray tissue paper tassel garland. It’s really nice to have a wee bit of color in the house – it’s been pretty plain since the Christmas decorations came down!
Some of you know how much I love the feel that garlands and banners give a space – you know, like there’s a party starting any minute! Well add this one to all the others I love!
Do It Yourself Tissue Paper Tassel Garland
- tissue paper
1. Fold one sheet of tissue paper in half. Then fold in half again the other way.
2. Using sharp scissors cut strips into folded tissue paper, stopping one inch from longest folded side.
3. Trim short edge to create two pieces and separate.
4. Unfold each piece and begin to roll tightly right side out along the center. Repeat for the other piece.
5. Bend and twist to create a loop for stringing.
6. Repeat steps 1-6 for as many tassels as you’d like. (We made 18.)
7. String onto ribbon and hang.
For even more Valentine’s Inspiration, be sure to visit some of the other bloggers participating in the All Things Home Valentine’s Showcase this week!
Monday, January 27:
Tuesday January 28:
Wednesday January 29:
Thursday January 30:
So what about you – do you decorate for Valentine’s Day?