I must apologize to those of you who can’t have peanut butter – because these Peanut Butter Cookies are amazing!
They also happen to be the ONLY cookies I can make.
I can cook delicious meals and bake nummy desserts like cheesecake and apple crisp. But I cannot for the life of me make cookies.
Except theses Peanut Butter Cookies just like my grandma used to make. It’s her recipe actually. So dear sweet angel Grandma, thank you!
And thank you to my kitchen helpers – if it weren’t for them I wouldn’t bake at all!
Shannon Acheson, AKA Design
These peanut butter cookies are just like the ones my grandma used to make! Except these days I used white rice flour to make them gluten free. :) They still taste the same!
1 hr, 20 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 1/4 cups flour (all purpose or white rice)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (room temp.)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Have baking sheets ready. Do NOT grease. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream both butters until light.
- Add both sugars and cream thoroughly.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in Vanilla.
- Add flour to butter and sugar mixture in 2 or 3 portions, mixing well after each.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or so in the fridge.
- Measure level tablespoon of dough and shape into balls. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet.
- Press each twice with a fork dipped in cold water to make #.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until delicately brown
- Remove immediately from baking sheet to cooling racks.
Are you good at making cookies? Do you have a trademark cookie? How about other foods – are you a good cook?