I adore kitchens. Modern ones, classic ones, vintage ones. I love them all! If I could only ever design a one room for people it would be the kitchen. Seriously.
Guess how I excited I was then when Panasonic Cooking Canada asked me to put together a mood board using their induction cooktop and convection oven to inspire you, Dear Reader? Um, just a little. *wink*
The Panasonic cooktop and oven are technologically modern appliances. But rather than choose a sleek modern look (like the appliances themselves) for the whole kitchen, I chose to go softer, warmer and yes, a little bit vintage French industrial. Quelle surprise, oui?
I was thinking that adding various textures would warm up this kitchen while at the same time making the cooktop and oven stand out – almost like beautifully functional showpieces. Brushed metal industrial pendants, aged French-style counter stools (I’m seriously drooling over these!), warm slate floor tile, marble backsplash cut to classic subway tile size and warm glazed custom cabinets make up this slightly French, totally cozy kitchen. Positively perfect!
Do you have a kitchen you love?
How would you like to make it a little lovelier, with a brand new Panasonic Genius Inverter Microwave and trim kit valued at $470?
Hello! Yes, please, right?!
Okay here’s how to enter:
1. Go to our Pinterest #PanasonicStyle board, click on each of the microwave, cooktop and oven images and save them to your computer. (Remember where you put them!)
2. Create your own kitchen mood board, using design software or an online site like Olioboard. Make sure you include the Panasonic cooktop, oven and microwave images you saved in the last step. Save your mood board.
3. Email me your mood board, along with your name, address and a description. Put “Panasonic Style” in the Subject line so it doesn’t get lost! Shannon@akadesign.ca
4. All submitted mood boards will be pinned to my pinboard #PanasonicStyle.
5. ONE winner will be selected by me (Shannon Acheson) and will be contacted within 5 business days after the contest closing date Friday, February 21, 2014.
6. Winner will win one Panasonic Genius Inverter Microwave and trim kit, valued at just under $470 CAD. Prize will be shipped to address provided.
Okay, go get creative! Make yourself a mood board and you could win a microwave! For full contest rules click here.
I’m also curious – who has a kitchen finished and who’s working on one? Let me know in the comments!