It’s been just over a month since I wrote Heart to Heart and shared, well, what was on my heart at the start of the year. And really nothing has changed as far as my desires and those of Dean and I for our family.
We still want to focus on our relationships – with God, each other, our kids and our friends.
We still want to keep our schedule uncomplicated.
We still want to get healthy.
And we still want to get out of debt.
After our first heart to heart, a few of you quietly left. One of you protested our frequent mention of God. But most of you gave us wonderful words of encouragement. And for that we are grateful. And honored that you’d want to stick around.
So here’s where we’re at:
- On the book front, I haven’t worked on the healthy eating/cookbook yet. BUT I did finish Bloggers & Brands which is another ebook that I’ve had running around in my head for ages. It launches on February 25th and I couldn’t be more thrilled with how it turned out. I sincerely hope it helps many bloggers! As you can imagine it was loads of work and I thank my sweet hubby for picking up the slack on the housekeeping front for me.
- I haven’t gone back to the gym yet. In fact I haven’t exercised much. A virus and iron deficiency left me physically exhausted for much of January and right up until this week actually. Thankfully my wonderful Naturopath provided some insight and supplement suggestions. I hope to have the energy to begin exercising next week.
- I completed a full unit for my Design Course. I have two left to finish before April. I plan to be done in plenty of time. And then (at least on paper) I will be an Interior Designer!
- Dean and I have not renovated one single thing yet this year! Truth be told it’s a very strange feeling. However, it has also been a wicked winter and neither of us has felt much like hauling materials or tools. So it’s been a relief not to feel pressured to get something done just for the blog. I am feeling the itch to paint something now that Bloggers & Brands is finished though.
- Our kids have enjoyed our presence. We have played games and watched movies and snuggled up on the couch together. Dean is reading through the Bible with Jonah and I will begin doing something similar with the girls soon.
- We choose to homeschool. We haven’t talked about this at all with you yet. But my goal is to tell you how homeschooling came about for our family, what a typical day looks like and what resources we’ve found helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.
- We need to get rid of debt. So far we have met with some smart people, worked on our budget and reined in our spending. Increasing income is also at the top of my list for 2014. We’re talking more about money, which has always been a bit of a weakness. Once we figured out we’re on the same team even with money, it helped quite a bit.
- We’ve been sharing a little love on Sundays with our Sunday Love Notes. I really hope you find those short and sweet messages encouraging.
Well, there you have it. A brief summary of how 2014 is going so far at our house.
How are you doing? Is 2014 treating you well? Do you need some encouragement to keep on going? Let me know what I can do in the comments.
P.S. If you’re a blogger, we have a giveaway going until midnight tonight to win 1 of 3 pre-release copies of Bloggers and Brands. Might you be one of our winners?