Do y’all remember when I used to post Friday Five? You know more than once, um, a year?
Life has been clipping along at such a pace lately – it’s February already! – that we have yet to finish one project from start to finish.
1. We still have boxes of things arriving almost daily: this week it was two chandeliers, a portable hard drive to back up all my pics (finally!) and a fireproof box to store our important documents in (again – FINALLY!). And we’re still waiting for:
- this map for the dining room
- this pendant for the kitchen
- this juicer for my new mixer
- a table from Homesav for the living room
2. Our stainless steel counter tops are being cut today (click to watch a quick video of the laser cutting!)!!! Which is super exciting. It will still be a couple of weeks before we get them installed though due to our schedule. That whole life thing, right?
3. I’ve been slowly – VERY slowly – working on my Interior Design Diploma over the last couple of years (what else did I have to do, right?). This week I will have completed half of it. And it’s time to step it up and finish the whole thing within the next year. There I said it. Online. In public. I don’t plan to go out and start designing as a full-time gig just yet – I just want the paper that says I can. But who knows what God has in-store in the future, you know?
4. Remember I told you about the kijiji chandelier I found last week and how Dean went to pick it up for me? Well, it isn’t quite the exact chandelier I wanted. But only in that it’s the wrong colour. It was supposed to be an iron colour – which is sort of black. But it’s really more of a rusty colour. Which doesn’t work with the black chalkboard and black buffet pulls in the dining room. So after I take off all of the crystals, Dean will be spray painting it black for me. I say Dean will be because he’s more patient with spray paint than I am. I tend to rush which results in drips. Not my Dean. Nope.
5. My wonderful hairdresser had sick kids earlier this week and then left for a much-deserved trip to Cuba with her hubby – right when I decided it was finally time to get my hair done. Totally my bad on the planning. Lucky for me I have yet another friend who is a hair dresser and she squeezed me in last night for a cut and colour. Which I love. Did I mention that both of these wondrous stylists are named Nicole?! Crazy, I know.
On another note, my to-do list is still a mile long and includes a tonne of painting:
- paint kitchen cabinets
- paint remainder of hallway
- paint trim around doors and windows on the main floor
- paint our bedroom
- paint trim in our bedroom
- make decorative pillows for our bed
- find the bedskirt for our bed!
- install some sort of wainscotting in bathroom
- paint bathroom
- paint bathroom cabinets
- stain open kitchen wall shelves
- stain remainder of industrial shelves in kitchen
- clear coat or wax above shelves (too dusty just stained)
- paint family room trim and wainscotting
- paint family room walls
- spray paint all the interior door knobs
- switch out the remainder of the switch plate covers and outlet covers to white (currently wood)
- chalk the chalk board (I think 3 weeks is good and cured!)
And I’m sure there’s a gazillion other things to do too!
What have you got planned for this weekend? Any projects? Or just hibernating?
P.S. We have a fun giveaway coming up next week! Watch for that! And maybe, just maybe we’ll have some project progress photos for you.