There’s nothing new under the sun.
A wise king named Solomon penned these words years ago.
And he was absolutely right.
Just when we think we’ve come up with something new – a quick Google search will tell us differently.
Such is the case with these embroidery hoop orbs!
I’ve long-loved the industrial look of wood or metal orbs. We have one out on the patio coffee table that’s made of metal. But even one picked up at Target can come with a price tag that is a little steep for such a simple piece.
Wooden embroidery hoops on the other hand are rather inexpensive. And these embroidery hoop orbs are quite easy to make.
- 2 embroidery hoops (per orb)
- rag or foam brush
- dark walnut stain
1. Disassemble each embroidery hoop.
2. Using an old rag (or a foam brush) stain all surfaces of each embroidery hoop piece. Let dry.
3. Slide pieces together to form an orb as shown below. Tighten hoop screws as needed.
4. Find a place to display and enjoy!
Do you have any wooden embroidery hoops kicking around? How about some wood stain?
You know where I’m going with this…why not make your own embroidery hoop orbs?