Have you ever seen a photo of a perfect-for-you room somewhere online?
Have you ever then spent an inordinate amount of time dreaming about said room? Wondering how you could make it your own? Recreate it – or parts of it – in your own home?
Photo by House Beautiful via Wallpap’ress
That was what I did when I came across this photo.
Really, what’s not to love? White paneled walls, trestle table, window seat with overstuffed linen cushions, rustic pendant lights, and industrial stamped baskets.
Ooh, those baskets!
Pretty easy to make, yes?
DIY Industrial Numbered Baskets
- Basket (I used Branas by Ikea)
- Scotch tape
- Paint Marker
1. Using Gimp or another program and the font STENCIL, create a numbers to size. Either print out numbers or trace from computer screen.
2. Carefully cut out numbers, to create a stencil. Tape stencil to basket with scotch tape.
3. Trace number outline with paint marker.
4. Remove stencil.
5. Fill in number outline with paint marker.
So simple, yes? Do you have any baskets kicking around that could use a little industrial bling? What numbers would you choose?