Well, some Fridays we share five random things from our week. Things like fab etsy finds or family fun instagrams. Typically there’s no theme – one thing is NOT related to the next at all. Once in a while, we link the five things loosely to a theme. Like White Christmas. Or Back to School. Or Rubber Duckies.
This week I’m going to open up and share five BIG aka design DREAMS. You know, like Miss Mustard Seed’s pie-in-the-sky dreams?
A little scary, yes.
First of all, when I started this blog I did do it with the intention of it being a small business. I really did. I love design, decorating and DIY. I love to write and talk and share. (Um, hello!)
I thought if all those other bloggers can do it, why not me too?
So I’ve read, studied & worked really hard and…
I’ve met my dreams of adding a couple hundred dollars a month to our family’s income. Without leaving my kids. At the same time as I work alongside and spend time with my hubby. Which is really very cool.
I wrote an ebook. A short one at 50 pages, but an ebook nonetheless.
I have also been surprised by a few dreams-come-true that I didn’t really anticipate. They were just so out there. They happen to other people. You know?
Being on tv and mentioned in magazines – four at this point – actually seems like pure craziness!
But total blessings at the same time. And I’m really thankful.
Okay, here we go with the big dreams…be kind, okay?
1. I love this blog and I want it to continue to grow and flourish. I want to tweak my writing and photography skills. I want to bring you ideas and projects for your home. I want to connect with you and answer your questions. I want to share even more projects and doable ideas!
2. I’d like to write a regular DIY column for a shelter mag. Full of affordable projects that people would actually make, like our headboard, unstencilled unbarnboard, burlap banner , cinderella pumpkins and others.
3. I’d love to have a paint collection. It would be full of delicious shades of white, grey and taupe, like the ones we’ve used in our own house. Plus a few gorgeous colours thrown in. But they’d all coordinate. They’d all go together. So you could use them together without any ugly consequences!
4. I might like to do more TV stuff. But I’d have to get over my stage fright and dislike for early mornings (ack!) first!
5. I’d love to write a book. A real book. Like a put-it-on-your-coffee-table book. I hear it’s a tonne of work. But I think it would be oh so fabulous!
Well, that’s what I’m dreaming.
(Letting big breath out…sighhhhhh)
A little out there? Perhaps. But perhaps not.
I guess time will tell.
What dreams do you have? What stopping you from going after them?